- Meeting at 08.00 a.m. with the English speaking guide.
- Drive from Bucharest to Sinaia through Prahova Valley one of the most beautiful valley of Romania and visit Peles Castle: one of Romania's most beautiful palaces, once the summer residence of the Romanian kings and one of Romania's most important museums. The construction of the castle began in 1875 and the building was inaugurated in 1883. The castle has 160 rooms, opulently decorated with leather, ebony, walnut and mother of pearl, with invaluable collections of art and furniture. PELES Castle was the final resting place for several Romanian monarchs, including King Carol I, who died here in 1914, as well as King Ferdinand and Queen Maria.
- Departure from Sinaia to Bran.
- At the middle of the mountain pass, following a small and beautiful river looking like a drop of silvers in the sun, we will go for lunch taken in a dream country-side landscape, in the typical Romanian village. Traditional lunch taken in a cozy restaurant.
- Visit Bran Castle: Dracula's Castle - with its medieval atmosphere. This castle came to be connected with the legend of Dracula the Vampire. The castle was built between 1377 and 1382, on a 60 m high rock with a strategic, military and commercial purpose. The building has four towers positioned at the four cardinal points. The walls are made of stone blocks, the rooms and narrow corridors constitute a mysterious labyrinth of ghostly nooks and secret chambers, whilst in the outer courtyard there are artesian fountains, connected to an underground network. The castle had both a military and a customs point purpose.
- Return to Bucharest.
- Booking note: In November the Peles Castle is closed for cleaning. During this month the Peles Castle can be seen only from outside and we will visit inside the Pelisor Castle .
- In the winter time(October to April) Peles Castle is closed on Monday and Tuesday. For the tours operated on Tuesday we will have the stop at the Peles Castle but the castle will be visit only from outside including the castle yard.
Included in the price
- Transport by modern car
- Professional guide assistance during the whole trip.
- City tour in each city in the trip.
Not included in the price
- Rate is valid for groups of minimum 3 persons.
- For over 10 persons important discount will be applied.
- Entrance tickets for touristy attractions
- Lunch, Dinner or any other meals
Andrew - 4 February 2015
View all 1 reviews
- We did the Bran Castle & Peles Castle day tour from Bucharest.
Our tour guide, Jonut was excellent. His English was fluent and he was very articulate in what he described and told us about the castles, their histories and also educated us on Romanian culture and recent events.
We were contacted the day before to tell us we were being collected earlier than scheduled - so we had enough notice and he was on time too!
We had an amazing day and can't thank or praise Jonut enough for how we were treated.
There was just us two on the tour so we were driven in a car to the castles. The only thing we will say to Transvision on this is that Jonut needs a new windscreen - especially if driving pe ...
- Tour rate: 65 €/person
- Credit Card accepted (Visa and Mastercard, the transaction requires the PIN code, 3% extra charge)